The past few months have been very busy and fruitful for the WEgate community. Not only have we launched the first-ever WEbarometer survey and shared stories of women entrepreneurs pivoting their businesses to survive the COVID-19 crisis, but we have also welcomed 15 new members to our WEgate Community Council.
Living by WEgate’s favourite motto that a community is as strong as its members, our new Community Council members join WEgate as co-creators and collaborators. They are reputed members of the women entrepreneurship ecosystem and women empowerment champions in their own right. By embracing WEgate’s mission and vision, they will help us to empower thousands of women entrepreneurs across Europe.
We’re excited to have them on board on this journey towards widespread women entrepreneurship.
Learn more about our brand-new Community Council members below:
- APID Female Entrepreneurship
The APID association brings together entrepreneurs to promote the benefits of female entrepreneurship, raise awareness of corporate social responsibility among companies, and support more women in unions and governing bodies.
The association also provides opportunities for development and training, gives feedback on similar initiatives taking place elsewhere, facilitates the creation of new businesses, fosters the creation of relevant networks, and promotes local employment initiatives, policies, and projects.
- Association of German Women Entrepreneurs
Since its inception in 1954, the VdU has been active in campaigning for female entrepreneurship, more women in leadership positions, better rights for women in the workplace and a healthier combination of work and family life for both women and men. The VdU currently represents some 1800 German businesses run by women. The association is divided into 16 federal-state-level branches, and offers networking opportunities with entrepreneurs in Germany and abroad, as well as a mentoring programme for young businesswomen.
- Digital Leadership Institute
The Digital Leadership Institute is a Brussels-based, international NGO and a recognised world leader in promoting greater participation of girls and women in strategic, innovative ESTEAM (Entrepreneurship & Arts powered by STEM) sectors, through four areas of activity:
- Education and Skills Development: Providing young and career-age women leadership, business, personal- and professional-development and ESTEAM skills through direct access to experts and tools that encourage them toward entrepreneurship and leadership in ESTEAM studies and careers.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support: Cultivating an environment for generating the seeds of future enterprise in cutting edge ESTEAM fields for girls and women. Delivering digital, business and leadership expertise, tools, and access for girls and women to bring new discoveries and business seeds to market.
- Advocacy and Awareness Building: Promoting grassroots initiatives to create interest in and to provide skills to girls and women in ESTEAM, coupled with top-down advocacy to create conditions for increasing their participation and to foster female entrepreneurship and leadership in ESTEAM sectors.
- Research and Consultancy: Increasing knowledge, fostering better understanding of the challenges, and promoting and implementing solutions to address the under-representation of girls and women in ESTEAM sectors and leadership. Engaging in research actions and consulting services for individuals and organisations looking to benefit from our knowledge and expertise.
Interested in learning more about the WEgate Community?
Please reach out to WEgate’s Community Council Coordinator, Gabriela Kostovska, at firstname.lastname@example.org.