EESC launches its theme for the Civil Society Prize to empower women and fight for gender equality
Applications are now open for the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) Civil Society Prize for 2019. The theme is ‘more women in Europe's society and economy’.
Now in its 11th year, the prize awards the initiatives and achievements of organisations or individuals which strengthen European cohesion and integration.
This year, the EESC will be awarding its Civil Society Prize to outstanding projects and initiatives which aim to fight for equal opportunities in all spheres of economic and social life, for both men and women.
To be considered, projects and initiatives need to cover at least one of the following issues:
- fight against or raise awareness of gender stereotypes, discriminatory social behaviour and prejudice in all spheres of economic and social life
- raise awareness of the consequences of gender stereotypes produced by media content
- promote participation of women in traditionally male-dominated occupations
- combat the gender pay and pension gaps
- promote female entrepreneurship, equality in decision-making, women's economic independence and gender-life balance
- address the specific challenges facing vulnerable women such as single mothers, women with disabilities, migrants, ethnic minorities or low-skilled workers.
To be eligible, initiatives or projects must have already been implemented or be still ongoing.
A total of €50,000 will be awarded to a maximum of 5 winners. The deadline for entries is 10am on 6 September 2019.
For the full description of requirements and the online application