The project crossEUWBA pursues the overall objective of facilitating the funding of women entrepreneurs through women
business angels (WBAs) and contributing to the creation of a sustainable base of private investment in Europe. In order to
achieve this, the project pursues the following specific objectives:
• To better understand the success factors, obstacles and challenges that women are facing to become WBAs to increase
the number of WBAs in Europe, particularly in countries with low participation.
• To increase the diversity of WBAs and the number of sectors that benefit from WBA investment.
• To increase the number of ready-for investment women entrepreneurs’ (WE) projects
• To effectively match WBAs and WE, also through cross-border investments.
• To network, build a community and contribute to promoting a favourable and sustainable environment for the emergence of
CrossEUWBA is structured around the activity blocks: “a) information, awareness raising and communication activities”, that
will tackle a change and mindsets and a lack of awareness on existing and new WBA networks, their funding opportunities
and role models, “b) training and mentoring activities” that shall prepare novice WBA through peer-learning and practical
training as well as help WE to train pitching skills and relevant business strategies and “c) community-building, matchmaking
and networking activities” under which novice WBAs will be recruited, WE and WBAs will be effectively matched
(facilitating also cross-border matching) and peer-learning among WBA networks/clubs associations shall be enhanced for
sustainable community building.
The project aims to create at least 5 new WBA clubs/associations or networks, recruit and prepare at least 85 novice WBAs
and train 200 WE.
The project brings together the expertise of 1 WBA club, 2 chambers of commerce and 3 business support organisations
with expertise in WE from Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Spain and Greece
Type of organisation
Small (< 50 employees and ≤ € 50 m annual turnover)